A close relationship between parents, school and the local community is a core principle
NHP has a very strong sense of community and the idea of being part of one big family is strengthened by a thriving Parents Association.
All parents at NHP belong to the Parents Association which is made up exclusively of parent volunteers structured under an organising committee, with an elected representative in each class.
The key responsibilities of the Parents Association are:
• To conceive and host events for parents, staff and pupils that bring everyone together socially.
• To support the school’s charity initiatives by fund-raising for the NHP Foundation.
• To act as a conduit of information between present and prospective parents on general school matters.
Below is a list of the types of mood boosting fund-raising events the Parents’ Association has pulled together over the past few months. In an illustration of what the NHP Community can accomplish when it comes together, these events raised over £35,000 for projects supported by the NHP Foundation:
– Halloween Fancy Dress Day
– NHP Advent Calendar
– Christmas in a Box Appeal
– NHP On-line Quiz Night
– NHP Mega Charity Raffle
– NHP Six Nations Fantasy Rugby League
The organising committee meets on average twice per term and is always happy to welcome new members, especially with expertise in events organising and fund-raising.
If you would like to get in touch with the current Chair of the Parents’ Association please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your correspondence F.A.O: PA Chair.